1. Use personalized e-mails
Mailchimp’s user data shows that the campaigns personalized according to user qualities get 64,78% more clicks.
Some of the techniques that you can use for your e-mail marketing strategy
- Always refer to your customers by their name. Research conducted by the Stanford Business Institute shows what can be achieved just by adding the customer’s username on the subject of the email. According to research, this may increase the chances of your e-mail getting opened by 20% and the purchase rate by 31%.
- Customers come in all shapes and sizes. Therefore, using demographical data is the simplest way to personalize your e-mails. Try customizing your messages according to data such as the age, sex, location, and level of income of the users.
- You can always benefit from the users’ purchase history to offer them specialized content. Let’s say your customer bought a dress. You can consider preparing a mailing that includes different pairs of shoes they can combine with the dress. Or if you’re selling cosmetic products, here’s a tip to win your customers’ hearts: Keep track of the expiration dates of your products and send customers mailings that include discount codes just when their products are about to expire. Talk about perfect timing.
- Analyze how the users interact with your website. For example, if you’re selling a tablet, be mindful of what your customers care about. If a customer spends time looking through the performance page, sending them an e-mail that’s dedicated to the product’s technical qualities will be beneficial. Likewise, if a customer seems to be more interested in the design page, you may send them an e-mail that highlights the innovative nature of the product’s design.
2. Develop a strong SEO strategy
The search engines are your friends. Appearing on top of the search lists means more sales opportunities!
Practical SEO techniques you can use
- Create your sitemap and add it to Google Search Console.
- Find the words that people use while searching for your products online. You can achieve this with the help of free tools such as Google Trends and Google Suggestions. Once you find the keywords, using them on your website will be crucial.
- Make sure the contents of your titles and meta descriptions include the keywords that users might use when they make searches about you. Moreover, the keywords should invite the users to click to see more!
- Make your website easier to read by using bullet lists and subheadings.
- Always use the header labels to help the search engines figure out the nature of your content. While H1 states the title of your page, the others state the subheadings. And keep in mind that you only need one H1 tag per page.
- Test your website with Google’s free Mobile-Friendly Test.
- It’s important to have a well-constructed in-site link building. When you publish any type of writing, it’s beneficial to direct the users to other sources to offer different perspectives. Moreover, asking those sources to direct the users to your article would prove to be useful.
3. Create PPC (Pay-Per-Click) campaigns
Whether you’re a newly-established business or just looking to increase your sales, the PPC (Pay-Per-Click) advertisements, only requiring you to pay when your ad gets a click, are a wonderful way to reach potential customers.
Some tips to help you create a PPC campaign to increase your sales
- Include the price information in your advertising copy. This way, customers who are ready to make a purchase will click on your ad.
- Closely analyze the keywords your competitors use and offer to use similar words.
- Use long-tail keywords. These are the keywords that are made up of at least three words. This way, customers with specific expectations of a product, such as the product’s color, model, or type, will get in contact with you. For instance, if you’re selling headphones for children, advertise it by using the words “children’s on-ear headphones” instead of just “headphones”.
4. Use the power of social media to draw in more customers
Visiture’s latest research claims that 75% of people buy a product after seeing it on social media. Not only that, but 90% of people consult social media as they make a purchase decision.
Ways you can use social media to increase your sales
- Regularly sharing content is important when it comes to establishing a loyal user base and being remembered by your target audience.
- Establish your stores on social media with the help of Facebook Marketplace and Instagram shopping, and tag your products in your posts.
- Try introducing your products with short videos through Instagram stories, Instagram reels, Instagram lives, YouTube shorts, and TikTok videos.
- Encourage your customers to make social media posts and tag you.
- Keep your followers’ interest alive with discount coupons and draws.
- Placing conversion ads on Facebook and Instagram will help you reach customers that have a high potential to make a purchase.
- Figuring out the influencers your target audience loves and collaborating with them is another way to grow your business.