When setting up your ecommerce website, you’ll make some important decisions. One of those decisions is choosing an ecommerce website infrastructure that can adapt to your long-term growth plans and meet your current and future requirements. We’ve put together a summary of what you need to know about ecommerce infrastructure – so you can manage your ecommerce website as smoothly as possible.
What is ecommerce infrastructure?
The software applications that help manage online store transactions, including websites, marketing and sales, are called the ecommerce infrastructure. The optimal ecommerce infrastructure system will respond to the needs of the customer and enable transactions such as product marketing and product sales to be completed securely.
What should you consider in choosing the best ecommerce infrastructure for your website?
If you intend to generate revenue via ecommerce, your activities need to be effective and efficient; thus, you’ll want to select the optimal ecommerce infrastructure for your particular needs. Let’s examine the criteria to consider when choosing an ecommerce infrastructure for your business:
- Flexible use
- Security measures against cyberattacks and malware
- SEO compliance
- Mobile compatibility
- Easy integration with marketing tools (Facebook, Instagram, Mailchimp, etc.)
- Customer service
- Payment methods offered
Which ecommerce infrastructures are the most preferred?
We’ve listed the best ecommerce infrastructures. Among these are Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce, Wix Stores, BigCommerce and OpenCart. By reviewing these infrastructures, you can decide what’s most suitable for your business.
Shopify, used by major brands, is one of the most powerful ecommerce platforms available. Even if you lack software expertise, Shopify offers some important benefits that allow you to quickly open a store and bring your business idea to life.
- Ready-made themes offer an aesthetic appearance in addition to functionality.
- You can sell across multiple channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Amazon, and eBay.
- With more than 3,000 add-ons, you can customize your online store.
- In addition to advanced customer service, Shopify has a fairly large community where you can ask questions.
- Shopify works in collaboration with payment providers. You can receive payments using Iyzico, PayU or Garanti Virtual POS.
Open-source Magento, created using PHP, is an excellent option if you’re prepared to utilize your coding capabilities. Operating under Adobe, Magento is preferred by leading brands.
Here are advantages that make Magento one of the best ecommerce platforms:
- It is open source and offers unlimited customization possibilities.
- It has SEO-friendly features that increase your visibility in search engines.
- Multilingual support allows you to easily reach your customers around the world.
- You can find answers to all your questions in the Magento official forum, with more than 360,000 members.
- It offers high-level security measures.
If you have a WordPress website, a practical way to initiate ecommerce is with the WooCommerce plugin. With this add-on, which you can install on your website for free, you can start selling online quickly and practically.
With over 500 customised templates designed specifically for the sectors, the Wix Stores are getting attention. You can open your ecommerce website quickly, without technical knowledge, and also access domain, hosting, SEO, security and marketing tools under one roof.
If you have a large, fast-growing business, consider BigCommerce. Using your coding skills, you can enhance your online store as you wish and start increasing your sales.
OpenCart, an open-source ecommerce platform that stands out for being completely free, is one of the most professional options to consider if you have extensive technical knowledge.
Should you get expert support for your ecommerce website?
There are many services and features available in the ecommerce area. While these may seem confusing, you can address these processes easily with a company that is expert in its field.
As Fi-Commerce, we design ecommerce websites for you through the world’s leading platforms, such as Shopify and Magento, and develop your website in line with your needs and expectations. In addition, as your ecommerce partner, we manage both your own online store and your official marketplace stores, and we facilitate your business processes by taking on all ecommerce operations for you.
Want to know more about setting up an ecommerce website? Check out our article: The stages of ecommerce: How to set up an end-to-end ecommerce website.